Like all businesses, valet parking companies have had to adapt to survive and thrive during COVID. However, now that things appear to be improving and business ramps up, the industry will continue to evolve. Here are some thoughts about post-pandemic change management for your valet business.
What Change Management Is
Change management is a collective term for the strategies a business uses to prepare, support and help individuals and teams adopt organizational changes that will drive success.
What Change Management Isn’t
It isn’t problem solving. Preparing for the future of secure valeting may require transformational change, designing a complete system that meets the needs of current and future customers. In other words, creating rather than fixing something.
Help Your Employees Adapt
Change is rarely comfortable, especially when it’s rapid. The right support and incentives will help your team adapt well and quickly. Many of these strategies may be similar to strategies you adopted while COVID was at its worst.
- Focus on their wellbeing and mental health
- Remain flexible with work schedules and expectations
- Communicate regularly so they stay informed and can share any concerns
- Make them an active part of decisions (research shows this makes change easier)
- Link individual goals to business objectives, so they can see how they fit into the big picture
- Adapt goals in real time versus setting a yearly goal they may forget until review time
Stay Ahead of the Curve
Valet parking supplies, more tips… we know change can be challenging for your employees and business. That’s why we do our best to share the latest industry insights and news. For more industry info, check out our blog, the NPA Parking Magazine or these organizational change podcasts. And since things are always changing, stay ahead of the curve by signing up for our newsletter!